Treatments for problems with the urinary system and the male reproductive system are included in urology billing and coding services. It can be more difficult to Medical Billing for Urologists: Specialists to the Rescue for urology services because of the nature of the codes and terminologies used.
Urology billing and coding demand particular skill and understanding, and only urology billing professionals can handle its complexities. Oncology, gastroenterology, andrology, and pediatrics are only a few of the areas where urology is closely related to other medical specialties. This makes urology unique and difficult to comprehend.
Urologists frequently lose sight of their revenue cycle as they focus on providing outstanding medical care. Urology operations are often expensive, and non-payment or underpayment can have a significant impact on the business. Due to a lack of competence, an in-house billing team can be useful, but it can also result in many denials. There are many advantages to outsourcing your medical bill collection and denials to a company like Nixxe Medical Billing Solutions, which is well-versed in the urological billing lexicon.
In addition to treating diseases like kidney stones and blockages, urology offices frequently perform surgical treatments on patients with a variety of congenital and structural impairments. In the case of surgical treatment, the variety of services required, surgical methods, and instruments and technologies utilized can all complicate coding.
Helping your clinic maintain healthy revenue streams can be as simple as working with a urological medical billing and revenue cycle management partner who has extensive experience in these fields. Implementing an EHR system or tailoring current systems to meet urology-specific needs might also help urology practices.
Services for Urology Billing that We Offer
Our team of urology billers & coders Medical Billing for Urologists: Specialists to the Rescue understands the nuances of urology billing and coding. To reduce denials and enhance collections, we’ve created a set of urological best practices. Our clients include hospitals, physician practices, and medical billing organizations from across the United States.
A dynamic, denial-free revenue cycle management procedure is the result of our expertise in Urology billing and coding. You may focus on patient care while our team of urologists works to improve your collections. We’ve assembled a team of experts who are:
- It is AAPC-Certified by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and trained in the most common Medical Coding Software
- Accomplished in submitting medical claims to the majority of commercial insurance companies as well as government payers like Medicare and Medicaid.
- Accomplished in working policies in several states.
- Providers of cost-cutting services and assistance in enhancing clinical and operational effectiveness
- Strong prior authorization team to ensure the acquisition of comprehensive patient data.
Analyzing the Data
Our financial reporting provides you with the information you need to identify the underlying causes of charge difficulties, eliminate inefficiencies in the process, enhance coding compliance, and guarantee the accuracy of all claims. It is possible for office administrators and managers to swiftly review performance and trends, dive down into data to study the root cause by reason, evaluate payer performance, and assess the financial effect of claim rejections.
In addition to the normal month-end reporting that provides information on charges, collections, and your AR, we also provide the following types of financial reports:
- Analyze financial ratios in comparison to MGMA standards.
- Analyze possible under, over, and incorrectly coded cases.
- Analyze top CPT codes for a cost-benefit analysis of the procedure.
- Assess which payers routinely impede payments through needless denials and “lost” claims in the Payer Reimbursement Analysis.
- Examine provider and employee productivity depending on specific service location, revenue, and RVU’s AR. Analysis of aging based on payor-by-payor payment velocity and CPT
The reduction of medical claim denials
The success of the revenue cycle begins with patient registration and continues throughout the claims cycle, as we’ve learned from our experience working with physicians and healthcare organizations. Patient denials rejected claims, and reissued statements are all decreased when accurate demographic and financial data is provided upfront. The cleanliness of a claim is crucial to preventing a denial, and the following factors influence it:
- Quality of patient registration data
- Insured and uninsured services, as well as medical necessity review
- Benefits coverage and eligibility
- the standard of the medical records
- Assert editing rights
- Rules and requirements set out by the payer
You can rely on our team of qualified medical coders and billing professionals to ensure that your urology practice gets paid for the services it provides.